A Vegan Falafel Recipe That’s Out of This World!
This Vegan Falafel Recipe would give you a wonderful blend of rich taste coming from various beans, grains, herbs, and spices!
1. Avoid canned chickpeas! The falafel may fall apart while cooking when using canned chickpeas. Use dried chickpeas soaked in water for 24 hours. This will give your falafel the right thickness and taste. (tip: you may add about ½ tsp of baking soda to the soaking water to help soften the dry chickpeas)
2. Before you start making the falafel mixture, pat dry or use a salad spinner to eliminate excess moisture from the soaked chickpeas
3. To avoid falafels from falling apart, keep the prepared falafel in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before cooking
4. You can make falafel ahead and keep them in the freezer to be used later!
5. Make sure you don’t cook too many falafel patties at once to avoid loss of oil temperature and getting bumped into each other while cooking
6. The vegan falafel mixture will be thicker than most meat patties so it might take some time and effort to get them into neat little round shapes before frying. So don’t worry if they’re not perfect! They’ll still taste great!