These easy to make cupcakes are a one bowl wonder! Avocados have taken their rightful place in the world of baking and you won’t believe how well they actually work with chocolate when you try this vegan chocolate cupcake recipe with avocado frosting!
These charming cupcakes are the perfect vegan treat for a valentine’s day or any party where you’d like to impress your friends or guests with a homemade vegan delight!
Dairy-free, egg free and nut free, they make an excellent birthday recipe or a kid’s recipe as well!
Avocadoes are known to be an excellent source of fiber and healthy fats plus avocados & chocolate are brain foods which of course an added bonus!
The icing on the cake, so to speak, in this recipe is definitely the avocado frosting which is unbelievably luscious, creamy and chocolaty! Prepare it while you bake your cupcakes to save a little time and get them served up sooner – because you’re certain to have everyone in the house getting excited with the rich aromas of chocolate and vanilla wafting through the air!
Once they’re ready, your family or lucky guests can enjoy these delightfully tasting treats knowing that they’re a lot healthier than they look.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Bake Time||20 minutes|
|Passive Time||20 minutes|
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or spelt flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coffee (cold)
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or grape seed oil
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate finely chopped, vegan brands: Enjoy Life, Divvies, Simple Truth, Chocolate Dream, Lily's, Whole Foods: Everyday Value Dark Chocolate Baking Chunks, Wegmans: Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (confectioners’ sugar / icing sugar)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Add your dry ingredients first: sugar, whole wheat flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk together thoroughly then pour in your coffee and oil.
- Whisk again until combined.
- This is a thin batter so it is helpful to pour it into the muffin cups instead of scooping.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops no longer look glossy and feel firm to the touch.
- While the cupcakes are in the oven you can make your frosting.
- Scoop the flesh of your super ripe avocados into the mixing bowl and using a hand mixer or the whisk attachment on your stand mixer beat until smooth.
- Meanwhile over very low heat melt the semisweet chocolate.
- When the avocado is whipped and there are no more discernible pieces, add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla. Beat on high.
- When the chocolate is melted, add that to the mixing bowl and beat on high again until smooth.
- Wait until the cupcakes are completely cool before trying to frost them otherwise it may melt and distort your frosting.
- Now make a lovely swirl frosting with a plastic wrap on the top of each cupcake. Enjoy!
- Strawberry & Banana Vegan Nice Cream Recipe
- Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe with Icing
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Vegan Apple Pie Recipe
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Cold Be Gone Healthy Vegan Smoothie
- Vegan Chia Chocolate Coconut Pudding Recipe
- Vegan Crunchy Chickpeas Snack Recipe
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Leave a Reply