After making this vegan chocolate cake with icing it was like an early Christmas! It brought back so many cheerful memories and our taste buds were oozing with anticipation. Not to mention the aroma of a freshly baked chocolate cake which makes all the effort worth it.
It’s a perfect recipe for almost any occasion, be it a holiday, party, Valentine’s Day, Thanksgiving or Christmas celebration. You can feel family and friends getting anxious, keenly waiting for their slice of the delicious rich tasty chocolate cake.
Once it is cold and firm, we applied the chocolaty goodness with icing that gives its delightful creaminess. When it’s sliced up and served, felt like a little soft cloud wrapped in chocolate frosting, which is smooth and luscious!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Bake Time||25-30 minutes|
people (depending on the size of pieces)
- 150 ml coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 350 ml almond milk
- 120 ml strong brewed coffee
- 250 grams sugar
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 220 grams vegan butter (softened)
- 280 grams powdered sugar
- 60 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 30 grams dark chocolate (vegan)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
Icing / Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C). Then lightly grease one 9x5 inch round pan.
- Dust with cocoa powder, shake out the excess and set aside.
- Mix the almond milk, vanilla extract and strong brewed coffee in a large mixing bowl, beat the mixture until foamy.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in another bowl (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt) then gradually add to the wet mixture while beating. Beat until no large lumps remain.
- You will have a creamy and pourable mixture. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare the icing/frosting by beating all the icing ingredients together until light and fluffy, add the powdered sugar in small amounts (keep checking) until you reach your desired consistency and sweetness.
- Once the cake is cooled, add a thick layer of icing over the entire cake with a spatula.
- To make it much easier we didn’t want you to make a layered cake with icing. But if you would like it layered as shown in our finished cake you can do so by using a paring knife and a long serrated knife/bread knife.
- Once the cake is baked make sure you cool it (ideally in a refrigerator) which makes it firmer for cutting.
- Once it is cold and sturdy mark the edges of the cake with the paring knife for cutting the layers evenly.
- Make sure layers are not too thin making it difficult to handle. Now slowly cut the layers with the long serrated knife/bread knife. Apply icing in between the layers first and then for the entire cake.
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Vegan Apple Pie Recipe
- Vegan Chocolate Cupcake Recipe with Avocado Frosting
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Cold Be Gone Healthy Vegan Smoothie
- Vegan Chia Chocolate Coconut Pudding Recipe
- Vegan Crunchy Chickpeas Snack Recipe
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Leave a Reply