We like getting our nutrition directly from the vegetables, fruits, nuts & seeds. But let’s be honest, at times we get busy or simply we are on the go.
In such situations, our options for nutrition may be limited and frequent fast food is certainly not an option.
This is where Garden of Life Raw Organic Vegan Protein Powder Shake & Meal Replacement comes as a handy solution with great nourishment!
We are not talking about a protein powder full of additives, excess salt, fillers, and sugar.
This is a meal replacement powder that you can rely upon to be vegan, organic, full of nourishment containing over ’44 superfoods’.
Other than protein, it is also a great source to be considered as a supplement for vitamin B12, vitamin D, vitamin K, vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, folate, fiber, and this is a brand that adheres to high-quality standards with a trusted name in the natural products industry.
Having the nutrition of seven Garden of Life products, it serves your hunger pangs, energy & nutrient requirements, provides convenience, and helps you manage weight.
For this review, we show the product consumer ratings, product overview, to whom it is recommended for, quality certificates, product blend, and discuss general nutrition, benefits for vegans, pros & cons, and a few ways to consume.
Product Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (from 7278 online consumer ratings)
- Small: 16 oz / 1lb / 454g
- Large: 32oz / 2lb / 907g
- Pack with 10 packets: each packet weighs 2.3oz (65 grams)
Serving Size: 1 scoop (37 g)
Number of Servings Per Container: 28
Available Flavors: Chocolate (Cacao), Vanilla, Lightly Sweet, Vanilla Spiced Chai
- Vegans or vegetarians looking for a complete protein, with all essential amino acids, vitamin B12, vitamin D, and omega 3
- For post-workout recovery: support lean muscle building and to replenish energy
- Frequent travelers looking for an on the go meal
- As a weight loss meal (adjust the servings depending on your calorie targets)
- Those who are following a low carb diet
- People who are allergic/intolerant to soy protein
- Anyone looking for vital nourishment with a single serving, while satisfying hunger & maintain weight
- 20g of organic plant-based protein per scoop packed with 44 superfoods which include organic veggies, greens, grains, fruits, and seeds
- 21 vitamins, and minerals
- Organic fiber (an excellent source of soluble and insoluble fiber)
- Probiotics and enzymes to support nutrient absorption and digestive health
- Four luscious flavors: Lightly sweet, vanilla, chocolate (cacao), vanilla spiced chai.
Soy, dairy*, tree nuts, filler ingredients, and artificial ingredients (colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives).
*Don’t be confused when you see lactase with lactose. Lactase is vegan and included as part of the probiotic and enzyme blend for healthy digestion .
Garden of Life Meal Replacement – Pros & Cons
- One of the cheapest yet quality protein meal products
- Versatile for many diet requirements (vegan, vegetarian, travelers, weight loss, etc.)
- USDA certified organic product
- 4 flavors to choose
- Nourishment with 21 vitamins and minerals.
- Probiotics and enzymes for absorption of nutrients and digestive health.
- Trusted brand with a reliable track record
- Quick and simple to consume
- Free of soy, dairy, tree nuts, filler ingredients, and artificial ingredients (colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives)
- Some may not like the taste. Personally, I am using the ‘lightly sweet’ flavor and have no issue with taste. You can try a few methods mentioned below if you need to change the taste.
- If you’re purely using this as a meal replacement it may not work with a single scoop having a calorie intake of 130 per serving. You may have to consume at least 2-3 scoops to make it a viable meal replacer. With a single scoop, it can still work as a supplement giving enough nutrition!
Garden of Life Raw Meal is certified organic and produced with great care in third-party audited facilities.
- Certified Vegan
- USDA Organic
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- NSF Gluten-Free Certified
- Star-K Kosher Certified
- The Informed-Choice Lab Certified (proof that no banned substances used)
Products are safely manufactured by cGMP (current good manufacturing practices) third-party audited facilities. Tested to be safe, conforming to the FDA’s good manufacturing practices and food standards in regulated labs.
Garden of Life Raw Meal – Nutrition
Nutrition for Vegans
- Protein: 20g per scoop which is 40% of RDA*
- Vitamin B12: 100% of RDA
- Vitamin D: 50% of RDA
- Vitamin B6: 50% of RDA
- Iron: 10% of RDA
- Zinc: 15% of RDA
*Recommended Dietary Allowance
One-scoop serving of Garden of Life Meal Replacement delivers 20 grams of clean protein (including all essential amino acids), while two scoops pack a whopping 40 grams of organic protein —all from 13 organic sprouted grains and seeds. Can you ask for more protein sources in a single serving? I bet not!
Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal Replacement includes vegetables, fruits, greens, grains, seeds, to provide 21 whole food vitamins and minerals.
The fiber, probiotics & digestive enzymes of this powder may aid in better nutrient absorption and support healthy digestion.
It is also important to see what’s not in the Raw Organic Meal. It has no gluten, dairy, tree nuts, so no worries if you have any allergies. It has no filler ingredients or carriers (like maltodextrin which can come from GMO corn) of any kind, and artificial ingredients (colors, flavors, sweeteners or preservatives).
Few Options for Consumption
- Mix 1 level scoop of flavored powder, with 8oz of water.*
- Mix it with unsweetened almond milk and have it like a shake
- Mix it with your favorite juice
- Add it to your oatmeal or cereal
- With chocolate flavored raw meal powder, you can consider making chocolate brownies.
* Can also mix it with your blender
Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal Replacement is hands down one of our favorite vegan meal powders. Packed with incredible nutrition to help you satisfy nourishment, hunger, manage weight & provide convenience. People love this product for its pure quality!
It is also a great recovery drink after your workouts to restore energy.
Overall, it is a great product and if you have any questions or thoughts please leave a comment below.
Image credit: Garden of Life